Tools & Strategies
This section of the Affordable Housing Resource Center provides basic information on some selected planning tools that local governments can use to create, preserve, and promote affordable housing development in their communities. The "Tools" presented here give specific information including
- How local governments can apply these tools;
- The tool's ability to address local housing needs; and
- The tool's proven success in other communities.
The tools are designed to be resources for elected officials, nonprofit and for profit developers, the business community, neighborhood organizations, housing advocates and anyone concerned about housing.
- Accessory Dwelling Units
- Affordable Housing Good Design
- Community Land Trusts
- Inclusionary Housing
- Other Local Solutions
- Shared-Equity Homeownership