Housing Development Fund (HDF)
The purpose of the Housing Development Fund (HDF) is to provide affordable, decent, safe and sanitary housing to responsible very low-, low- and moderate- income households.
This program is designed to provide financing for developers and homeowners through sponsoring agencies. Types of developments that will be considered include, but are not limited to, the acquisition and/or rehabilitation of existing housing, the adaptive reuse of nonresidential buildings, and new construction. Both rental and for-sale housing will be considered.
Because the HDF has limited funds, it is the applicant's responsibility to provide DSHA with evidence that other potential sources of funding have been explored or exhausted.
HDF - Statewide Emergency Repair Program (SERP)-
DSHA is pleased to announce the release of a Notice of Funding Availability for experienced emergency repair 501(C)(3) nonprofits and/or Local jurisdictions
responsible for CDBG Programs that included emergency repair programs. DSHA may select one or more agencies to manage the program for the State.
HDF funding will be is available for a Statewide Emergency Repair Program for repairs to low-income, owner-occupied housing units that address an emergency condition threatening the health or safety of an owner-occupied household’s occupants. An emergency is defined as an unexpected occurrence or combination of events calling for immediate action. All eligibility requirements for Applicants and homeowners are defined in the SERP Guidelines below.
Availability of SERP Funds
Funds for the Program ($500,000) will be disbursed through a competitive process.
How to Apply for a SERP Grant
Please refer to the NOFA Guidelines listed below for instructions on how to apply, date and time deadlines, and application process and eligibility requirements.
Please download and review the documents below to learn more about the NOFA for a Statewide Emergency Repair Program, get forms, and to determine if you qualify.
NOFA Statewide Emergency Repair Program Guidelines and Application – (Applications Due: October 31, 2016 by 4:00 p.m.)
- NOFA – Statewide Emergency Repair Guidelines
- SERP Application – Part I (Fillable Word Document)
- SERP Application – Part II (Excel Format)
- SERP Exhibit Checklist – Part III (Word Document)
HDF – Grant and Loan Programs
How To Apply for a HDF Grant or a Loan
Please refer to the applicable HDF Guideline listed below for instructions on how to apply, date and time deadlines, the application process and eligibility requirements.
Note: Applicants applying for HDF funding and low-income housing tax credits should use the LIHTC application.
Please download and review the documents below to learn more about the HDF program, get forms, and to determine if you qualify.
HDF AT A GLANCE
- A Quick Overview of the HDF Program Coming Soon!
HDF Guidelines for Applying
- Guidelines for Homeownership Production Grant
- Guidelines for Housing Support Grant
- Guidelines for Non-LIHTC HDF Loans
Step One: HDF Proposal Applications
- HDF Homeownership Production Grant
- HDF Housing Support Grant
- HDF Loan Proposal Application
- If you are having trouble viewing any of the above applications, please click on this link for Troubleshooting Browser Issues
Step Two: HDF Final Application Coming Soon!
- Final Applications have been forwarded to all successful Proposal applicants
- Final Homeownership Production Grant Application
- Final Housing Support Grant Application
Final Application Documents
- HDF Grants
- Homeownership Production
- Homeownership Production Score Sheet
- HDF Universal Design Score Sheet (Projects with 4 units or less)
- Final Application Exhibit Checklist for Homeownership Production
- DSHA Homeownership Priority Area Map
- Housing Support
- Additional Documents for Grantees
- Word Template to Create Exhibit Cover Sheets
- Understanding DSHA's Grant Restriction Agreement (FAQ)
- Income Verification Worksheet
- DSHA Webinar Information
- Homeownership requirements for Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) and TRID (TILA/RESPA) Disclosure Requirements
- PowerPoint Presentation (6.1.2016)
- HDF Loan
- Forms and Documentation for HDF Loans without LIHTCs*
- HDF Loan Score Sheet
- Final Application Exhibit Checklist for HDF Loan
- HDF Loan Universal Design Score Sheet (only required for applications with 4 units or less)
- DSHA HDF Underwriting Criteria
- General Contractor Certification and Questionnaire
- DSHA HDF Minimum Construction Standards
- DSHA HDF Market Study Requirements
- DSHA Approved Market Study Analyst List
- DSHA Management Agent Requirements
- DSHA Management Agent Questionnaire
- AFHMP HUD Form 935-2a
- Balanced Housing Maps
- Draw Requisition and Cost Certification
*Applicants applying for HDF funding and low-income housing tax credits should use the LIHTC application.
DSHA Contact Person
Do you have questions about this program? Would you like to suggest an improvement to this Web page? Please contact Housing Finance/Development, at 302.739.4263.