Public Housing (PH) - Kent/Sussex Counties
This program, offered in Kent and Sussex Counties, provides safe, decent affordable rental housing and access to supportive services for low-income families. A total of 518 units at ten Public Housing sites are owned and managed by the Delaware State Housing Authority.
How To Apply
- Make sure you (the tenant) meet all tenant requirements.
- Call a DSHA Contact to begin the application process.
- You may download an application DSHA Public Housing / Section 8 Application
- or you can use Delaware State Housing Authority's Online Application process for assisted rental housing.
- Participants must enroll (or be enrolled) in the Moving to Work (MTW) program.
- Participants pay 30-35% of their income for rent and utilities. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development subsidizes the balance of the rent.
- Households whose gross incomes do not exceed 80% of the area median income may qualify for this program.
- Working families, elderly (62 or over) and the disabled receive preference.
- Applicants who reside in Kent or Sussex County have priority on the waiting list.
The following PDF shows available Housing Sites in the State of Delaware. (These sites are in Bridgeville, Dover, Harrington, Lewes, Middletown, Rehoboth Beach, and Smyrna.)
- DSHA Housing Sites Map - PDF [392K]
Would you like to participate in this program? Do you have questions about this program? Would you like to suggest an improvement to this Web page?
Please contact a DSHA representative:
- Christopher Whaley, Director of Housing Management, at 302.739.7416
- Public Information Office at 302.739.4263
- Waiting List Office (Liberty Court) at 302.739.6940