The DEHAP application portal is briefly offline from July 28 – August 11, 2021 to allow for software system updates. Please see www.decovidhousinghelp.com for updates. The below organizations may be able to offer other assistance.
Tenants who do not qualify for rental assistance from DEHAP can contact the below nonprofit organizations for possible assistance.
- To fill out an online application visit https://www.ccwilm.org/basic-needs.
- New Castle County Office: 302-655-9624
- Kent County Office: 302-674-1600
- Sussex County Office: 302-856-9578
Community Resource Center (Sussex County residents only.)
First State Community Action Agency
- 302-472-0731 (Calls for crisis assistance are accepted on Mondays.)
West End Neighborhood House
- Lutheran Community Services (New Castle County and Wilmington residents only.)
Past state and the federal moratorium on evictions did not relieve tenants of their obligation to pay rent, and any tenants who know they will not be able to pay their rent need to be in contact with their landlord as soon as possible to discuss their options. Tenants with questions may contact the Delaware Attorney General's Consumer Protection Unit at 302-577-8600 or email@example.com. Tenants can also contact the Delaware Legal Help Link at https://delegalhelplink.org/ for assistance or the Delaware Community Legal Aid Society, Inc. (CLASI) at http://www.declasi.org/.